Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Autumn Escape - Day 1

 The lovely Marie Hodges drove me to Taupo in her little sports car yesterday, stopping at some lovely towns for shopping, gelatos and a visit to hobbiton before arriving at Wairakei Resort, the venue for Autumn Escape. Michele Widdows and Jodi Tomlin who run the weekend have made me feel right at home. They do an amazing job, along with their team of girls, everything looks so pretty and organized. Later in the afternoon, Maree look me to huka falls which was just amazing, wish I could remember how to get photos from my camera onto my tablet. Am thinking of walking to the falls later today when the light will be better. Will have to talk Wendy from Queensland to join me. It is on 6km there and 6 km back so it shouldn't take to long!
Its now 8.30am, and I'm ready to go. First class at 4pm with my awesome canvas at 7pm, hope no one is planning to go to bed before Midnight - I did warn them it's a big project and with 40 to 45 in the class it will be fun, fingers crossed.
 Hugs
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment